Well I have but never this early.
I made a list of 10 New Year Resolutions, just a few things that popped into my head when I started thinking about the new year coming upon us.
They are not in any particular order but I thought I would share them with you;
- Organize, organize, organize- And this year I MEAN IT! To help me out I am linking up with a New Year Organizing Revolution. Some great prizes are to be won here but I am honestly linking up for the support ;-)
- Stay on Top of Cleaning- I will be the first to admit that my house is the cleanest when my hubs is not home. I know I have that backwards but when he is home I am so keen on the kids and I spending time with him that I neglect my house hold duties. Well this year I will prioritizing this a little better
- Dive Deep into the Word- The word of God, I read my bible verses daily but I need to go deeper and stay deep. I plan on;
- Opening my daily devotions by having quiet time with the Lord first thing in the mornings
- Joining a bible study with friends and or family for accountability, strength and support
- Go on a Marriage Retreat- Being that my hubs and I have been through so much I think it is important for us celebrate our triumphs and ensure our marriage stays strong for His glory. That is why we are planning on attending a retreat to help us do just that. It's been 5 years since our lives have changed and with 14 years of marriage behind us our 2nd honeymoon is long over due ;-) We are also contemplating asking a few couples to join us.....
- Support Our Local Fire Department- (as a family) Because my hubs is a Firefighter/EMT I experience first hand the lack of support most departments receive either through disconnection from the community or crooked politics. I often feel his frustration and become frustrated myself but it was only recently that I realized this made me a hypocrite. Why a hypocrite? Well...my hubs is not employed by our county or even city, he doesn't even work in our district. He drives across the county line to work in another city in some one else's district. So my frustrations are irrelevant when I have yet to show support to our own local fire departments. DUH!
- Invest More into Prudent Wisdom- I go down this road every January and then get off track through the summer so I will touch more on this at a later time.
- Soar Higher- Joel Osteen preached a sermon about Eagles flying high and birds nipping at your tail feathers and in order to stop them from nipping you gotta fly higher. The only way to do this is not to worry about who is behind you coming up on your tail, instead keep your eyes on God. I know this and I have even shared it before but this year.....this is the year that I will soar instead of fall!!
"Always remember the turkeys, the chickens and the crows
cannot live at the altitude in which your were designed to soar."
- Play more, longer and harder- This is about the only resolution that I kept form last year and I had so much fun that this year I plan to play more, longer and harder with my children. Making memories!!
- Exercise- Yea I know this is on everyone's list but this year my goal is to run a 5k...not just one either, as many as I can afford ;-)
- GET OUT OF DEBT- This goes without saying ;-)
Thanks for Reading,
Do you like what you just read? Feel free to speak your mind on our Facebook page, or tweet it up @prudentwisdom on Twitter and if you would like to have Prudent Wisdom delivered to your inbox daily Subscribe to PrudentWisdom.com by Email