This time while I was cleaning I came across a lost journal and a box of notes. Way back when, I once tried to go back to the pencil and paper and write my dear ones a letter. You know the ones that still have not befriended the internet. It was great while it lasted ;-) I really enjoyed receiving letters back!
Well I thought being that this is like a virtual journal, I would share with you my "lost journal". I kind of like my style of writing back then?? I will start off by sharing a page full of notes from Church one day, just random notes from the sermon, for what I must have been dealing with back then. Oh and excuse the randomness I didn't date any of them =0(
I wish I had certain guest sitting with me in Church today to hear such a powerful message. Here are somethings that stood out to me;
- Grudges not only have a root cause but come at high cost
- physical cost
- spiritual cost
- relational cost
- Physical cost; grudges endure a great amount of stress, being that bitterness is not of what you are eating but what is eating you
- Relational cost; grudges effect marriages, families, friendships and prospects from strangers. Clouding the true meaning of forgiveness
- forgiveness is not forgetting it is giving up the right to get even
- forgiveness is not restoring it is instant, trust is earned
- forgiveness is not approval, it is cancelling the debt
- forgiveness is giving it to God, we are never more like God than when we forgive
- Spiritual cost; grudges require a cure in order to continue spiritual growth.
**CHOOSE FORGIVENESS OVER BITTERNESS**
Our spiritual life is what over rides what our flesh want to do!
Ephesians 4:29-32; 29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Thanx to Bible Gateway
I CAN'T BUT GOD CAN AND i'M GOING TO LET HIM!!!! Bro David Landrith
Thanks for Reading,
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.