My boys LOVE hot pockets but because the are so expensive and there aren't many coupons for them out there I have had to come up with a way to please their cravings...Making them myself!
The recipe that she had given me was really for fried pies but at the end of the recipe card it said "great way to make homemade hoptpocckets" I nearly jumped out of my seat when I read that because I didn't really think I could do it. Of course I had to tweek the recipe to adhere to my laziness (cheapness) and came up with this recipe found here. Sounded great to me and off I went.
- First I mixed all the ingredients together
- Made my filling; mixed together pizza sauce and shredded cheese
- Rolled out the dough and placed my a dollop of my filling
- Folded my dough over my filling and pinched the open ends together
- Placed them in the oven at 375 for 15-20 mins and WALA!
This is my first time so I had to eat one for lunch just to try it out.....YUMMMMY!!
So are you on board? Are you loading your freezer in order to have a cooking free summer? I would love to hear from you!